Our custom-built e-Research applications provide secure environments for collaborative team-based activities via features such as web content management, data repositories, forums, blogs, wikis and surveys.
Read our Service Portfolio Summary, detailing the various types of general research support services we offer, as well as our extension services and projects we're involved with.
We are currently working on a number of projects based around:
- Collaborative workspaces
- 3D visualisation
- Flexible meeting spaces & video conferencing
- Sensor network management
- Data integration methods
- Remote instrument management
- Web-enabled workflow applications
Our specialised applications are developed through intensive research, drawing on the dynamic skills of JCU researchers, as well as national and international partners. While we are focused on supporting any application area, we are particularly interested in supporting research and activities that are relevant to North Queensland and tropical regions in general.
- Web-based Collaboration
- Whether you need collaborate with colleagues across the globe or need a registration system for your conference, the JCU eResearch Centre can deliver a tailored solution. Our content management systems (CMS) are powerful, enterprise-ready products that allow you to easily manage information.
- QCIF Services
- James Cook University is a member of QCIF (Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation). QCIF provides services that assist research. Available services are: SeeVogh for video conferencing, QRISCloud (virtual machines and data storage), Quadrant (Project Management software for Researchers), and access to NCI (National Computational Infrastructure).