Sensing the reef
We're monitoring the reef's ecosystem through our sensor networks. As climate change occurs, scientists need to know what is happening at the remotest regions of our reefs. Read more...
Supporting your research
JCU eResearch collaborates with other Queensland and Australian organisations to provide you with the environments and tools you need to work more effectively. Read more...
Get in touch with us to provide your research group or organisation with a web-based collaborative presence. Whether it's sharing data or communicating effectively, we can deliver. Read more...
Our state-of-the-art facilities allow you to see your visualisation data in multiple dimensions, in real-time. See what you've been missing. Read more...
Working with city councils and other organisations alike, JCU eResearch can put you at the forefront. Monitor your environment and keep track of changes as they occur. Read more...
The JCU eResearch Centre supports researchers, University staff, and other organisations alike through developing customised solutions. Ask us about web collaboration, sensor networking, high performance computing, and software development.
An outline of current and future directions for storage and management of research data at JCU.
Bryce Thomas, Ph.D. Candidate, Information Technology, James Cook University has been successfully awarded a travel scholarship to attend a workshop at Supercomputing11 in Seattle.
Making friends and securing dinner reservations is never a problem when you're a Lord.
James Cook University has developed a one-stop internet site for those seeking information during natural disasters.
Queensland scientists have developed a prototype they say will revolutionise the way climate change is monitored across the planet.
A TEAM of scientists is developing a hi-tech sensor network platform for environmental monitoring that will dramatically cut the cost by thousands of dollars to just under $1000 a unit.
- Official launch of the JCU Research Portfolio on Thursday 23 May 2013, 4pm. Visit http://t.co/DJvBLY82DC and check it out! May 17, 2013 09:17 PM
- RT @plone: World #plone day has started, at least in the Pacific! Happy #wpd13 everyone! Apr 24, 2013 08:41 AM
- Edgar - not just for the birds. Explore the future impact of climate change on Australian birds with JCU eResearch. http://t.co/8IqfWI9F Feb 04, 2013 10:20 AM
- Also, follow us on our YouTube channel at http://t.co/c2FqG6GB - more videos coming soon! Dec 19, 2012 12:18 PM
- Learn about how climate change affects species distribution via the CliMAS tool in this video http://t.co/EvZRf2NV Dec 19, 2012 12:17 PM