Sensing the reef
We're monitoring the reef's ecosystem through our sensor networks. As climate change occurs, scientists need to know what is happening at the remotest regions of our reefs. Read more...
Supporting your research
JCU eResearch collaborates with other Queensland and Australian organisations to provide you with the environments and tools you need to work more effectively. Read more...
Get in touch with us to provide your research group or organisation with a web-based collaborative presence. Whether it's sharing data or communicating effectively, we can deliver. Read more...
Our state-of-the-art facilities allow you to see your visualisation data in multiple dimensions, in real-time. See what you've been missing. Read more...
Working with city councils and other organisations alike, JCU eResearch can put you at the forefront. Monitor your environment and keep track of changes as they occur. Read more...
The JCU eResearch Centre supports researchers, University staff, and other organisations alike through developing customised solutions. Ask us about web collaboration, sensor networking, high performance computing, and software development.
James Cook University now has a full Research Portfolio of all its researchers. The site is now available and will be released world-wide on 23 May 2013.
On the 13th of March, Marianne Brown presented the work that has been undertaken at JCU around creating a research data repository. One tool that has been created to help promote JCU's research is the Research Portfolio system. The presentation is now available on ANDS YouTube channel for those that may have missed it.
The eResearch Centre recently completed a 12 month project to build a suite of tools to assist researchers and the general public gain an understand of the possible impact of climate change on Australian terrestrial vertebrate.
The Edgar project was developed by the eResearch Centre with the Centre for Tropical Biodiversity and Climate Change. In this interview, Professor Stephen Garnett talks about how Edgar understand climate change impacts on Australian birds.
The National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility (NCCARF) will hold its national conference over three days in June 2013 (25 - 27 June) at the Hilton Hotel, Sydney.
The eResearch Centre at JCU has created a quick cheat sheet of storage solutions available to JCU researchers
- Official launch of the JCU Research Portfolio on Thursday 23 May 2013, 4pm. Visit http://t.co/DJvBLY82DC and check it out! May 17, 2013 09:17 PM
- RT @plone: World #plone day has started, at least in the Pacific! Happy #wpd13 everyone! Apr 24, 2013 08:41 AM
- Edgar - not just for the birds. Explore the future impact of climate change on Australian birds with JCU eResearch. http://t.co/8IqfWI9F Feb 04, 2013 10:20 AM
- Also, follow us on our YouTube channel at http://t.co/c2FqG6GB - more videos coming soon! Dec 19, 2012 12:18 PM
- Learn about how climate change affects species distribution via the CliMAS tool in this video http://t.co/EvZRf2NV Dec 19, 2012 12:17 PM