Sensing the reef
We're monitoring the reef's ecosystem through our sensor networks. As climate change occurs, scientists need to know what is happening at the remotest regions of our reefs. Read more...
Supporting your research
JCU eResearch collaborates with other Queensland and Australian organisations to provide you with the environments and tools you need to work more effectively. Read more...
Get in touch with us to provide your research group or organisation with a web-based collaborative presence. Whether it's sharing data or communicating effectively, we can deliver. Read more...
Our state-of-the-art facilities allow you to see your visualisation data in multiple dimensions, in real-time. See what you've been missing. Read more...
Working with city councils and other organisations alike, JCU eResearch can put you at the forefront. Monitor your environment and keep track of changes as they occur. Read more...
The JCU eResearch Centre supports researchers, University staff, and other organisations alike through developing customised solutions. Ask us about web collaboration, sensor networking, high performance computing, and software development.
We've redeveloped our eResearch Spaces platform into eSpaces, opening up access to all Australian researchers.
In collaboration with JCU Open Day we will be hosting a Queensland Open Data Mixer Including keynote presentation from Founder and Director of the Open Knowledge Foundation and Shuttleworth Foundation Fellow, Dr Rufus Pollock: When: 9.30am to 2.30pm, Saturday 31 August 2013. Where: JCU Library, Ground Floor, Room 002, Douglas Townsville.
Find us in the Eddie Koiki Mabo Library foyer, on Wednesday 7 August 2013, at JCU Townsville!
James Cook University now has a full Research Portfolio of all its researchers. The site is now available and will be released world-wide on 23 May 2013.
On the 13th of March, Marianne Brown presented the work that has been undertaken at JCU around creating a research data repository. One tool that has been created to help promote JCU's research is the Research Portfolio system. The presentation is now available on ANDS YouTube channel for those that may have missed it.
The eResearch Centre recently completed a 12 month project to build a suite of tools to assist researchers and the general public gain an understand of the possible impact of climate change on Australian terrestrial vertebrate.
- A deluge of data in Dublin | iSGTW http://t.co/7z3EzMCiQn Apr 10, 2014 09:44 AM
- RT @MangroveWatch: Is the Qld environment at risk due to systemic failures in data collection, management and monitoring? Another... http:/… Apr 02, 2014 02:26 PM
- RT @Jisc: 'University marketers have to develop digital campaigns that operate round-the-clock for students around the globe' http://t.co/u… Mar 31, 2014 07:19 PM
- Public exploring interactive storm surge visualization of Townsville. #ecoTSV http://t.co/FlHrh6aond Mar 29, 2014 08:05 PM
- Dylan preparing the eResearch display for Earth Hour. http://t.co/uzkRZX7e3W Mar 29, 2014 03:39 PM