Sensing the reef
We're monitoring the reef's ecosystem through our sensor networks. As climate change occurs, scientists need to know what is happening at the remotest regions of our reefs. Read more...
Supporting your research
JCU eResearch collaborates with other Queensland and Australian organisations to provide you with the environments and tools you need to work more effectively. Read more...
Get in touch with us to provide your research group or organisation with a web-based collaborative presence. Whether it's sharing data or communicating effectively, we can deliver. Read more...
Our state-of-the-art facilities allow you to see your visualisation data in multiple dimensions, in real-time. See what you've been missing. Read more...
Working with city councils and other organisations alike, JCU eResearch can put you at the forefront. Monitor your environment and keep track of changes as they occur. Read more...
The JCU eResearch Centre supports researchers, University staff, and other organisations alike through developing customised solutions. Ask us about web collaboration, sensor networking, high performance computing, and software development.
Join the Learning Spaces Special Interest Group for a sneak preview of the eResearch Centre’s new 3D Vislab.
jcu.me has been updated recently, featuring numerous improvements to researchers' profile pages.
We've redeveloped our eResearch Spaces platform into eSpaces, opening up access to all Australian researchers.
In collaboration with JCU Open Day we will be hosting a Queensland Open Data Mixer Including keynote presentation from Founder and Director of the Open Knowledge Foundation and Shuttleworth Foundation Fellow, Dr Rufus Pollock: When: 9.30am to 2.30pm, Saturday 31 August 2013. Where: JCU Library, Ground Floor, Room 002, Douglas Townsville.
Find us in the Eddie Koiki Mabo Library foyer, on Wednesday 7 August 2013, at JCU Townsville!
James Cook University now has a full Research Portfolio of all its researchers. The site is now available and will be released world-wide on 23 May 2013.
- RT @MarkZiembicki: State of the Tropics report as presented at #EIANZ14 today available for download @ http://t.co/U57vwGW226 @StateOfTropi… Oct 31, 2014 11:30 AM
- First ever tweet from the JCU DRO canopy crane WiFi network. Thanks Jeremy, Nigel and everyone else! http://t.co/UyTe8pasXo Oct 31, 2014 11:30 AM
- RT @NICTA: Australian cities in no hurry to become smart http://t.co/cJWAH6JP63 via @ITPro_au ^MO Oct 29, 2014 06:45 PM
- RT @sciengage: World's fastest network can transmit 32 terabytes per second... Read just HOW MUCH that is! http://t.co/FETIIO8exU Oct 29, 2014 06:43 PM
- RT @andsdata: MT @UOW_ACI: http://t.co/U1KGP8MNed non-profit, open source tool for researchers to help create their impact in this world. #… Oct 29, 2014 03:09 PM